Beef, Rocket and Parmesan Salad
- 520g rump, sirloin or fillet steaks about 2cm thick
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 60g bag rocket leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 50g Parmesan cheese (in a piece)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat a griddle pan or large non-stick frying pan until very hot. Meanwhile, brush the steaks each side with a little of the oil. When the pan is hot, add the steaks (cook in two batches if necessary) and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side (a little more or less, depending on thickness of the steaks) to produce medium-rare steaks.
- Remove the steaks to a rack placed over a plate in a warm place to catch the juices, and season well.
- Combine the remaining olive oil with the vinegar and some seasoning in a small bowl. Arrange the rocket leaves on serving plates. Cut each cherry tomato in four and arrange over the rocket.
- When the steaks have rested for at least five minutes, tip any juices beneath them into the olive oil dressing and stir. On a board, cut each steak into slices about 0.5cm thick and arrange the slices on the rocket, then add any juice from the cutting board into the dressing and sprinkle it over each plate. Shave the Parmesan over the steaks to serve.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 23 Hours